Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What do you tip a hair dresser?

Depending on how fancy the salon is 10%- 20% of what the total bill is.What do you tip a hair dresser?
I go to a private business, so all the pay goes directly to the hairdresser and no one else. I do not tip.What do you tip a hair dresser?
I would say a few dollars (less than 5) is the average for a hair cut. If you're going for an updo, or major hair work (highlights, etc) i would tip at least 5 and go up from there if he/she does a good job.
$5 for regular style. For major work...$10
My cut is usually 40$. I tip 5$.
20% and a little extra if they do shampoo and style. an easy way to calculate this without having to bust out a pen and paper is to take 10% (usually just chopping off 2 zeros) and multiplying it by 2. I know this sounds tedious, but if you go to a regular stylist, she will remember the good tip and will try extra hard to get you in the chair when you are having an emergency situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment