Friday, February 10, 2012

For people with mixed kids (part black): Is it hard to find a hair dresser?

Just wondering. Particularly asian/black, pacific islander/black and hispanic/black couples. Is it difficult to find someone that can do your daughter's hair?For people with mixed kids (part black): Is it hard to find a hair dresser?
Yes it is,im african,asian,anglo and european and grew up in australia it was near impossible to go to any hairdresser in my district, everyone I went to had no idea what to do with my very very thick black curlyish/wild hair.





I ALWAYS ended up going to a middle eastern/lebanese hairdresser they had hair the same as mine and knew how to do it. I also look more like them so they knew what would suit me.For people with mixed kids (part black): Is it hard to find a hair dresser?
I'm black/cherokee/puertorican/white





I go to Dominican Salons only, and I have a few family members and friends (hispanic or black) that go to them also. I just cannot go to an African-American stylist. When they see my hair they immediate freak out. I have very long curly hair down to my waste, its not really kinky, but tangleseasily, and they refuse to do my hair before even touching it first. And they immediatly assume that I must be tender-headed, which I am NOT. So, I do my own hair, or when I DO go to a salon, I go to the Dominicans. And when I do my hair I use hair gel, Leave-ins, or mousse thats all i need really. Also when I was younger I would get my hair straightened alot and my mom would do it, or my stylist would straighten it with a blow-drier
Not always. My mother is a hair stylist and she works with many mixed kids at our salon in our house. The ones she works with usually have wavy or straight hair. Those hair types can be easily worked with by any trained stylist. But then again, those kids were half-Somali, and Somalis don't usually tend to have kinky hair - just curly, wavy, or straight.
My lil cuz is black/Puerto rican and her hair is real easy to do. Her mom combs it out, as painful as it is getting all the tangles out and washes it. She (my aunt) doesn't really care much for shampoos and stuff for mixed kids cause the regular stuff works just as well. After washing she combs it out and styles it while its semi wet. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.
lol


no


My niece is Jamacican/Dominican


and her grandma does her hair


((her grandma owns a salon))


But she didnt really come out with ';bad hair';


Its curly and long
go to a spanish/latina salon they do it best and cheapist. black salons do it good the hair style last longer but it cost more.

No comments:

Post a Comment