Sunday, February 12, 2012

What is standard tip amount for hair dresser and manicurist?

I usually tip 20% but was told by someone i over tip.What is standard tip amount for hair dresser and manicurist?
20% is a great tip.... You don't have to tip a salon owner though.What is standard tip amount for hair dresser and manicurist?
I was a hairdresser for many years! We don't make an hourly wage, the majority of our income comes from tips. 20% is not too much, when I have to get my hair done If I really like the cut and had a relaxing shampoo and it was a good overall experience then the tip should reflect it... I give a minimum of $5.00 If you are getting a chemical service and it takes 2-3 hrs you have to stop and think that this person is spending their time and attention on you to make you feel better about yourself and if you are leaving there feeling great then the tip should show it... minimum of 10.00
I do 20% too. I've read the standard is more like 15%, but I think you should NEVER undertip anyone who has the power to make you look ugly. :P
five to ten bucks depending on how well they do!!
15-20% is standard. I always tip 20% because I am in the industry. If you ever receive a service for free, you should tip 40-50% of what the service would of cost. I hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment