Sunday, February 12, 2012

How Many Use Their Nail Tech/Hair Dresser As a Therapist?

I am a nail technician and I have to tell you. I feel like I should be charging 100.00 an hour for all the stuff that is plopped on my lap throughout the day. Don't get me wrong. I consider it a great blessing that people share so much with me and that they value my ideas to help them through these things, but it makes me wonder, ';How many people out choose their nail techs and hair stylists based on how well they ';listen'; and advise?How Many Use Their Nail Tech/Hair Dresser As a Therapist?
I don't, but my hair dresser uses me as her personal therapist. At least you have it a little better, I have to advise her for free, plus I'm still paying her $40!How Many Use Their Nail Tech/Hair Dresser As a Therapist?
i am also a nail tech and i hear ya..i go home with so much on my mind,, cheating problems,health problems etc etc etc...we really should charge 100.00 dollars an hour for how much stuff we get thrown at us..i to am glad these clients have me to talk to and trust me enough to talk to...i hear yeah on the whole thing and if you talk to any nail tech they say the same thing..i could write a book with all that i know,,,i never would but i could lol...good luckk
You know, you might be a better therapist than the ones charging $100 because you actually are a real person, instead of a cold, distant therapist who has ';boundaries.';





Give me your number and I will pay you instead! LOL...
i'd say a hair dresser/nail tech's ability to listen and their ';people skills'; are more valuable to most clients than their ability to do hair/nails.....i can't tell you how many times i had women in my chair who were depressed/crying/anxious when they sat down and left feeling great (sometimes they even tell you that they dont' need their hair done, they just want to feel better!).....a good hairdresser/nailtech knows to keep all those secrets to themself too....and you're right...it is a blessing to have people think so highly of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment