Sunday, February 12, 2012

Is anyone a hair dresser? Or in school for cosmetology?

Im considering pursing a cosmetology degree...i really love styling hair and trying different makeup and hair styles...im a nursing student now and im finding out that this profession is becoming more of a paper pushing job and i need the rewarding one on one client time. so now im thinking cosmetology school...can anybody give me some ideas of what beauty school is like...tuition (im thinking of going to Martins or Aveda) any advice or your thoughts and experiences in this profession would be greatly appreciated! thanks so very much!Is anyone a hair dresser? Or in school for cosmetology?
well I am a MA and have decided to go to cosmetology school also. (Doctors offices wasn't for me) The school I am going to try to go to is like 12,000 which is really really high compared to most(5-7 thousand). I have found out by talking to the school that different states may require different hours example.... My state requirement is 1500 hrs which will take a year to complete. Just type in your state and and cosmetology requirement i.e ';Florida state cosmetology License requirements. I am nervous to start cosmetology but I'm gonna do it anyways. Being a medical assistant and doing hair are so different but this is what I want. I too was going for my RN and decided just to get my MA and now after graduating and working I know where I want to be. I hope the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment